Altered Space Selection Process
Back row left to right Stephen Snoddy, Jason Bowman, Gillian McIver, Franko B, Paul Usherwood, Terry Smith. Front row left to right Julie Crawshaw, Rashida Davison, Lucy Deprez (gallery administrator).
Globe's core programme for 2013-14 is an inspiring and diverse series of exhibitions and events responding to the broad motif of Altered Space. A programme that has been generously supported by Arts Council England Grants for the Arts.
The exhibitions and events that make up Altered Space were chosen from an open call over a two day selection process by a range of regional, national and international arts professionals:
- Franko B - Internationally renowned artist working across video, photography, performance, painting, installation, sculpture and mixed media, Franko also lectures at St. Martins School of Art, DasArt, New York University, Accademia Di Belle Arti and the Courtauld Institute of Art.
- Jason E. Bowman - Master of Fine Art Programme Leader at Valand Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Jason is an internationally recognised artist, visual arts consultant, curator, public speaker and writer.
- Julie Crawshaw - Independent Arts and Development Consultant and Arts, Science and Business Fellow of Akademie Schloss Solitude, Stuttgart, Julie is interested in the role of the artist in support of regeneration and community sustainability.
- Rashida Davison - Director of The Globe Gallery.
- Gillian McIver - Artist, film-maker, curator, writer and founding member of the internationally renowned Luna Nera collective, Gillian is interested in issues surrounding the curation of site specific and moving-image based work.
- Terry Smith - Award winning artist and curator who works across a wide range of media, Terry has performed and exhibited internationally.
- Stephen Snoddy - Director of the New Art Gallery Walsall, Stephen is internationally respected gallery director and curator.
- Paul Usherwood - Art historian and critic based in Newcastle upon Tyne.