12th April- 18th May 2013
Wednesday - Saturday 11.30am- 5.00pm
27 minutes, 17 seconds
Laura Maragoudaki, Taryn Edmonds, Julie Ballands
Taryn Edomonds and Lauren Healey
17 minutes 13 seconds
13 Minutes, 17 Seconds
New work for sale by
Images by Colin Davision at Rosella Studios
The Globe Gallery is delighted to welcome you its brand new programme for
2013-14. Selected by:
- Franko B - Internationally renowned artist working across video, photography, performance, painting, installation, sculpture and mixed media, Franko also lectures at St. Martins School of Art, DasArt, New York University, Accademia Di Belle Arti and the Courtauld Institute of Art.
- Jason E. Bowman - Master of Fine Art Programme Leader at Valand Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Jason is an internationally recognised artist, visual arts consultant, curator, public speaker and writer.
- Julie Crawshaw - Independent Arts and Development Consultant and Arts, Science and Business Fellow of Akademie Schloss Solitude, Stuttgart, Julie is interested in the role of the artist in support of regeneration and community sustainability.
- Rashida Davison - Director of The Globe Gallery.
- Gillian McIver - Artist, film-maker, curator, writer and founding member of the internationally renowned Luna Nera collective, Gillian is interested in issues surrounding the curation of site specific and moving-image based work.
- Terry Smith - Award winning artist and curator who works across a wide range of media, Terry has performed and exhibited internationally.
- Stephen Snoddy - Director of the New Art Gallery Walsall, Stephen is internationally respected gallery director and curator.
- Paul Usherwood - Art historian and critic based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
An inspiring and diverse series of exhibitions and events responding to the broad motif of ‘Altered Space’. A programme that has been generously supported by Arts Council England Grants for the Arts. Altered Space 1 uses the moving image to explore changing and shifting cityscapes, with both the North East of England and Berlin as a backdrop.
Globe continue to receive the support of many and we would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who has assisted us along this journey from refurbishment of the building to our first Altered Space exhibition.
We are in the process of building an exciting new website. As a result, some features of this website may no longer work. However, you can still access our online shop showcasing original artwork and limited edition prints from artists such as Franko B, Jock Mooney and Alex Charrington.